Our office has developed a series of campus wide initiatives to help you prepare and connect to employers. These programs are open to all students and are a great way for you to meet alumni and employers, tour potential work environments, and further develop your “career brand”.
Career Meet Up Program
These 30-45 minute sessions typically consist of 10-15 minutes of content and 10-15 minutes of Q&A. Meet-Ups come in two forms –
- Industry Focused – providing you with key information about particular sectors, companies, and job functions. Typically facilitated by professionals from industry.
- Career Brand Focused – providing you with specific assistance around common topics relating to resumes, interviewing, salary negotiation, job/internship search, and a variety of other areas to support your career growth.
Career Treks are engaging opportunities for you to expand your knowledge about industries, job functions, and employer cultures at companies and organizations in the Charlotte area and beyond. These will be packed with information, including (but not limited to) the following:
- An overview of the host employer and its industry
- A panel of employees who have a variety of job functions
- An opportunity to connect in a smaller setting with individual employees via breakout sessions
Interview Prep Program
Practice makes perfect! This program provides you with three main opportunities to hone your interviewing skills to enable you to land that internship or job you are targeting. This program includes practice with a staff member, practice with employers and alumni, and through our virtual platform that contains thousands of industry specific questions. Included in this program are sessions around salary negotiation.